It all started with a question...
“Why can I talk to pretty much anyone about anything… except the person I’m supposed to be closest with?”
But actually, before I got to that question, here’s where I was having a tough time…
- I found it hard to say what I was *actually* thinking and feeling.
- I was afraid how I would be perceived.
- I had difficulty understanding and articulating my boundaries.
- I regularly avoided communicating because I thought it would turn into conflict or complicate our relationship.
- I easily got stuck in my head, endlessly over-thinking.
Rock bottom +
Up until that time, I had *always* thought of myself as a really good communicator.
And despite all the things above that *I* was having a tough time with…
For some reason, I felt the need to change was my partner’s responsibility [not mine].
Once my significant other changed, things would get better.
It took me YEARS to change my perspective. Turns out… “not my problem” was not a useful story
It also took the crashing and burning of that important relationship for me to realize my significant other was just the tip of the iceberg.
Turns out… the rest of that iceberg included my co-founder/business partner, our team, my parents, my sister, and even some of my close friends.
And then I realized…
My *biggest* challenge was being afraid to let down the people that I was the closest to.
Welcome to the beginning of my breakthrough.
Changed My Life
I started to realize that things like endlessly overthinking, avoiding communication, not articulating my boundaries, and not saying what I was *actually* thinking and feeling didn’t serve me or my relationship with anyone.
So I started to practice… one text, one email, one conversation at a time.
The beauty of being more open, more honest, and more direct was…
- I let go of the parts of myself I thought I needed to hide.
- I was less confused and had more clarity.
- I felt more confident.
- It was easier to collaborate with others
- I unlocked a new level of depth in my relationships.
Along the way I also started to share this story, and found a lot of people who were challenged by or struggling with an important relationship in their life too.
Oh, hey there, I'm MCK.
By now you may already know that I'd like to help you to achieve a breakthrough in a relationship that's important to you.
And whether that's a professional relationship, a personal one, or even the relationship you have with yourself...
I can't wait to see what's possible when you create the space, and dedicate time, effort, and energy to your relationship breakthrough.
To-date, I’ve facilitated breakthroughs for 100+ people from 17 different countries. Folks across a range of professional pursuits
Introverts and extraverts. Entrepreneurs and educators. Engineers and investors. Moms and management consultants. C-level execs and community builders. Designers and Dads. People managers, product managers, marketers, start-up founders, and small business owners. Senior leadership teams and rising-star cross-functional team leads.
Folks have achieved breakthroughs in their professional relationships. Others in their personal relationships. And sometimes, both.
But don’t just take my word for it…
“This program not only improved my own communication skills, but also for those closest to me. Open, honest, and calm conversations are infectious, and the people around me couldn’t help but reciprocate communicating like this.”
—Katie, Entrepreneur & Former International Educator
“I originally joined this program for professional reasons. I didn’t expect it to influence me in such a personal way. Working with MCK not only helped me to improve the way I communicate with others, but also helped me to improve the way I think. I discovered new things and saw my colleagues in new ways. I also discovered a new “me” at the bottom of my heart.”
—Ying, NYU Shanghai; Former VP, Forbes 30U30
“I didn’t want to wake up in 5, 10, or 15 years, looking back and wishing I had made different decisions with my life and my relationships. I wanted some good questions. I wanted to rent MCK’s brain for a month.”
—Elijah, Fractional CMO
So whether you’re in the midst of navigating a challenging relationship right now OR you’re looking to be proactive about a relationship for the future…
- RBB is a 12-week boot camp-style experience that equips you with space, skills, and support to achieve a breakthrough in an important professional or personal relationship.
You will thrive in RBB if one of the following applies to you:
- A) something needs to change in a challenging professional or personal relationship
- B) you’re looking to optimize a good relationship that has the potential to be great
- C) you have a general desire to improve your relationships and would benefit from focused support
- Yes, working with 100+ people in a similar program focused on overcoming interpersonal communication challenges taught me that continued support for some time post breakthrough leads to greater longer-term success.
- The Space, Skills, and Support to achieve a relationship breakthrough in 6 weeks ⚡ and build the right kinds of habits within 12 weeks to be able to apply your learnings and skills to all your important relationships.
- Improved core communication skills: active listening, ask the right questions, give and receive feedback, face hard conversations, and more.
- Learn powerful tools: to help you build skills and habits, that will also enable you to help and support the people in your life (partners, colleagues, collaborators, friends, family).
- In almost all cases the Relationship Breakthrough Bootcamp is delivered 100% online using tools you already use.
- Each prompt or exercise for the day can be done at home or at the office.
- We align the program with your schedule.
Once upon a time the Relationship Breakthrough Bootcamp had it’s own LMS (learning management system). But busy people on the go use…
- WhatsApp, SMS,
- collaborative docs (like Google Docs),
- and Zoom
So that’s what we’ve been using to keep things as simple, integrated with your current tools, and as effective as possible.
- To get the most out of the Relationship Breakthrough Bootcamp, expect to spend between 20 and 30 hours over the course of the first 6 weeks month.
- Though most days suggested time spent is 30 minutes or less.
- We have made this work with the busiest of schedules and will ensure this works with yours 🙂
- Set the tone for your day by spending 15-30 mins to read a prompt (all days), watch a video (some days), and share your reflection with me. I’m there with you every day, ready to respond with feedback.
- Apply the daily prompt to each of your interactions. Get more out of each day and see the kind of progress that’s possible in just a month.
- Each daily exercise is a digital conversation. You answer on your time, I answer on mine.
- 8 of these exercise days you will engage someone in your life (your choice who).
- Once a week, we spend 45-60 mins together. First we focus on one most important situation of your choice.
- Then we discuss the week – what was good? what was challenging? Anything to tweak? Will you continue with your same focus or adjust?
Go all-in. Engage a little bit every day. The best habits are cultivated this way. Taking time to focus each day, day by day, makes a BIG difference.
I’ve coached, 100+ people that have benefited the Relationship Breakthrough Bootcamp. See some of their testimonials above or for more testimonials and stories click here.
- You will work hard for the 28 days of MasterCom and want some further support and accountability to continue to build and maintain your improved communication habits from your coach.
- Plus, have the chance to connect with others in the MasterCom+ community who have been through a similar experience.
- Because every day, every step of the way, you will get the support you need to make the kind of progress people often see in 6, 9, even up to 12 months when they work on their own. You’ll make this progress in just six weeks.
- And if you’re looking for an opinion that’s not mine (and totally, 100% biased)… take another look at those testimonials above 🙂
Where would a relationship breakthrough make the biggest difference in your life right now?
Achieve a Relationship Breakthrough in 6 weeks